This agreement (the “Agreement”) applies to users of TIGGY DELIVERY CORP. (the “Tiggy
”) services within Canada, including users of Tiggy’s apps, websites, features, or other services.
The Agreement describes how Tiggy collect and use personal data and specifically applies to:
- Delivery recipients: individuals who request or receive groceries;
- Couriers: workers and individuals who provide delivery services.
This Agreement also governs Tiggy’s other collections of personal data in connection with its services. For example, we may collect the contact information of individuals who use accounts owned by Tiggy for Business customers, or of owners or employees of restaurants or other merchants; personal data of those who start but do not complete applications to be couriers or couriers; or other personal data in connection with our mapping technology and features.
All those subjects to this Agreement are referred to as “users” in this Agreement.
Our practices are subject to the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA).2. DATA COLLECTIONS AND USERS
Tiggy collects personal data:
- provided by users to Tiggy, such as during account creation;
- created during use of our services, such as location, app usage and device data;
- from other sources, such as other users or account owners, business partners, vendors, insurance and financial solution providers, and governmental authorities.
The following personal data is collected by or on behalf of Tiggy:
1.) Data provided by users:
- User profile: We collect data when users create or update their Tiggy accounts. This may include their email and phone number.
- User content: We collect the data submitted by users when they contact Tiggy, customer support provides ratings or compliments for other users, restaurants or merchants, or otherwise contact Tiggy. This may include feedback, photographs or other recordings collected by users.
2.) Data created during use of our services:
- Location data (courier): We collect couriers’ precise or approximate location data, including to enable deliveries, to enable r delivery tracking and safety features, to prevent and detect fraud, and to satisfy legal requirements. Tiggy collects this data when the Tiggy app is running in the foreground (app open and on-screen) or background (app open but not on-screen) of their mobile device.
- Location data (delivery recipients): We collect riders’ and delivery recipients’ precise or approximate location data to enable and enhance use of our apps, including to improve pick-ups, facilitate deliveries, enable safety features, and prevent and detect fraud. Tiggy collects this data when the Tiggy app is running in the foreground (app open and on-screen) or background (app open but not on-screen) of their mobile device.
Delivery recipients may use the Tiggy apps without enabling Tiggy to collect precise location data from their mobile devices. However, this may affect features in the Tiggy apps. For example, a user who has not enabled location data collection will have to manually enter their pick-up address. In addition, the location data collected from a courier will be linked to the delivery recipients’ account, even if the delivery recipients has not enabled location data to be collected from their device, including for purposes of receipt generation, customer support, fraud detection, insurance, and litigation.
- Transaction information: We collect transaction information related to the use of our services, including the type of services requested or provided, order details, payment transaction information (such as a restaurant’s or merchant's name and location and amount of transaction), delivery information, date and time the service was provided, amount charged, and payment method. Additionally, if someone uses your promotion code, we may associate your name with that person.
- Usage data: We collect data about how users interact with our services. This includes data such as access dates and times, app features or pages viewed, app crashes and other system activity, and type of browser. We may also collect data regarding the third-party sites or services used before interacting with our services, which we use for marketing.
In some cases, we collect this data through cookies, pixels, tags, and similar tracking technologies that create and maintain unique identifiers.
- Device data: We may collect data about the devices used to access our services, including the hardware models, device IP address or other unique device identifiers, operating systems and versions, software, preferred languages, advertising identifiers, device motion data, and mobile network data.
- Communications data: We enable users to communicate with each other and Tiggy through Tiggy’s mobile apps and websites. For example, we enable couriers and delivery recipients to texts to each other. To provide this service, Tiggy receives some data regarding the texts and other communications, including the date and time of the communications and the content of the communications. Tiggy may also use this data for customer support services, for safety and security purposes, to improve our services and features, and for analytics.
3.) Data from other sources:
- users or others providing information in connection with claims;
- publicly available sources;
- law enforcement officials, public health officials, and other government authorities.
Tiggy may combine the data collected from these sources with other data in its possession.3.HOW WE USE PERSONAL DATA
Tiggy uses personal data to enable reliable and convenient delivery services. We also use such data:
- to enhance the safety and security of our users and services;
- for customer support;
- for research and development;
- to enable communications between users;
- to send marketing and non-marketing communications to users;
- in connection with legal proceedings.
Tiggy does not sell or share user personal data with third parties for their direct marketing, except with users’ consent.
We use personal data we collect:
1.) To provide our services. Tiggy uses data to provide, personalize, maintain, and improve our services.
This includes using data to:
- create/update accounts;
- enable delivery services (such as using location data to facilitate a delivery), features that involve data sharing (such as fare splitting, ETA sharing, and ratings and compliments);
- process payments;
- track and share the progress of deliveries;
- personalize users’ accounts. We may, for example, present an Tiggy user with personalized restaurant or food recommendations based on their prior orders.
2.) Safety and security.
We use personal data to help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our services and users. This includes using device, location, user profile, usage, and other data to prevent, detect, and combat fraud. This includes identifying fraudulent accounts or uses of our services, preventing use of our services by couriers, verifying user identities in connection with certain payment methods, and preventing and combating unauthorized access to users’ accounts.
3.) Customer support. Tiggy uses the information we collect (which may include call recordings) to provide customer support, including to investigate and address user concerns and to monitor and improve our customer support responses and processes.
4.) Research and development. Tiggy may use personal data for testing, research, analysis, product development, and machine learning to improve the user experience. This helps us make our services more convenient and easy-to-use, enhance the safety and security of our services.
5.) Enabling communications between users. For example, a restaurant or courier may call a delivery recipient with information about their order.
6.) Non-marketing communications. Tiggy may use personal data to generate and provide users with receipts; inform them of changes to our terms, services, or policies; or send other communications that aren’t for the purpose of marketing the services or products of Tiggy or its partners.
7.) Legal proceedings and requirements. We may use personal data to investigate or address claims or disputes relating to use of Tiggy’s services, to satisfy requirements under applicable laws, regulations, or operating licenses or agreements, or pursuant to legal process or governmental request, including from law enforcement.
- authenticating users;
- remembering user preferences and settings;
- determining the popularity of content;
- delivering and measuring the effectiveness of advertising campaigns;
- analyzing site traffic and trends, and generally understanding the online behaviors and interests of people who interact with our services.
Tiggy may share personal data:
(a) With other users
This includes sharing:
- delivery recipients’ first name, delivery address, and order information with their courier and restaurant or merchant. We may also share ratings and feedback, or other information to the extent required by law, with the restaurant partner and courier;
- for couriers, we may share data with delivery recipient(s) and restaurants, including name, location (before and during trip) and route map.
(b) At the user’s request
This include sharing data with:
- Tiggy business partners. For example, if a user requests a service through a partnership or promotional offering made by a third party, Tiggy may share certain data with those third parties. This may include, for example, other services, platforms, apps, or websites that integrate with our APIs, restaurants, merchants or other Tiggy business partners and their users in connection with promotions, contests, or specialized services.
(c) With the general public
Questions or comments from users submitted through public forums such as Tiggy’s social media pages may be viewable by the public, including any personal data included in the questions or comments submitted by a user.
(d) With Tiggy sevice providers and business partners
Tiggy provides personal data to vendors, consultants, marketing partners, research firms, and other service providers or business partners. These include:
- payment processors and facilitators;
- background check and identity verification providers;
- cloud storage providers;
- Google, in connection with the use of Google Maps in Tiggy’s apps
- Marketing partners and marketing platform providers, including social media advertising services, advertising networks, third-party data providers, and other service providers to reach or better understand our users and measure advertising effectiveness
- consultants, lawyers, accountants, and other professional service providers;
- restaurants, grocery stores and other merchants from whom delivery recipients place orders, as well as partners and/or their point of sale providers, including for order fulfillment, delivery, communications and marketing purposes.
(e) For legal reasons or in the event of a dispute
Tiggy may share users’ personal data if we believe applicable law, regulation, operating license or agreement, legal process or governmental request, or where the disclosure is otherwise appropriate due to safety or similar concerns requires it.
This includes sharing personal data with law enforcement officials, public health officials, other government authorities, or other third parties as necessary to enforce our Terms of Service, user agreements, or other policies; to protect Tiggy’s rights or property or the rights, safety, or property of others; or in the event of a claim or dispute relating to the use of our services. In the event of a dispute relating to use of another person’s credit card, we may be required by law to share your personal data, including trip or order information, with the owner of that credit card.
This also includes sharing personal data with others in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or into another company.
(f) With consent
Tiggy may share a user’s personal data other than as described in this notice if we notify the user and they consent to the sharing6. DATA RETENTION AMD DELETION
Tiggy retains user data for as long as necessary for the purposes described above. This means that we retain different categories of data for different periods of time depending on the type of data, the category of user to whom the data relates, and the purposes for which we collected the data.
Users may request deletion of their accounts at any time. Tiggy may retain user data after a deletion request due to legal or regulatory requirements or for reasons stated in this policy.
Following an account deletion request, Tiggy deletes the user’s account and data, unless they must be retained due to legal or regulatory requirements, for purposes of safety, security, and fraud prevention, or because of an issue relating to the user’s account such as an outstanding credit or an unresolved claim or dispute. Because we are subject to legal and regulatory requirements relating to couriers and couriers, this generally means that we retain their account and data for a minimum of 7 years after a deletion request.7. ACCESS AND CORRECTION
Upon request, users may access their personal information that Tiggy’s holds, except as otherwise provided by law. Where Tiggy’s is unable to provide access to all the personal information it holds about a user, it will provide the reasons why it is unable to do so. Where Tiggy’s receives a request from a user to examine personal information collected and retained, Tiggy’s will respond to the request within 30 business days.
Users may request access to their personal information by making a request, in writing, to Tiggy’s Privacy Officer, at the addresses provided under Contact Us
below. Note that, in an effort to prevent fraudulent or unauthorized requests for access, we may request identification for authentication purposes.
You may also make a subsequent request to Tiggy’s Privacy Officer to correct any personal information that you feel is inaccurate or incomplete. You may also request the deletion of your personal information, subject to legal and contractual restrictions; however, please note that deletion of some information may impact our ability to provide you with
certain services.8. SAFEGUARDS
Tiggy’s has established appropriate technological, physical and contractual security measures designed to help protect personal information against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification with security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the personal information.9. UPDATES TO THIS AGREEMENT
We may occasionally update this notice. If we make significant changes, we will notify users in advance of the changes through the Tiggy apps or through other means, such as email. We encourage users to periodically review this notice for the latest information on our privacy practices.
Use of our services after an update constitutes consent to the updated notice to the extent permitted by law.10. CONTACT US
If you would like to opt-out of any uses of your personal information, obtain access, request correction or deletion, make a complaint, or generally have any questions or concerns about our privacy practices, you may contact the Tiggy’s Privacy Officer at the address provided below.
Tiggy Delivery Corp., 2 Toronto Street, Suite 114, Toronto, ON M5C 2B5 firstname.lastname@example.org